Sipping cheerfully on my ½ price soy caramel Frappuccino (it actually tasted better because I didn’t know they were running a frap spring promo), I nestled into my normal spot in my hometown Starbucks.
These, my readers; are the perfect writing conditions.
1. There is a 95.5% chance you will not recognize a soul. The 4.5% applies to the one time an old neighbor spotted me and with squinted eyes she contemplated whether I was the same girl who used to cry during her child’s swim lessons. After saturating her coffee with a fifth sugar packet, the light bulb went off, and she abruptly hustled over to say hello. (I am a foot taller than I used to be, am skilled in the doggie paddle, and still dislike butterfly. I don’t blame her for the confusion.)
2. The music is loud enough to not be awkwardly sitting in silence with strangers, but strange enough that I won’t recognize a tune, become distracted, and start singing along.
3. There are never any good looking men. (This all-in-all is not quite a positive thing; but a possible distraction nonetheless. I will settle to be single for a few extra hours and look at is as a win. No chick-flick script here.)
4. People watching. The public are so interesting. The two older men arguing about whether they need to double click an apple’s mouse pad to open a file is priceless. And, I just spotted my fifth pair of Velcro strapped sandals. Where are the fashion police? Joan Rivers would have a field day.
5. Caffeine. I become incredibly focused after one latte. And, jumpy. Watch out.
6. Somehow, despite the afternoon rush and the flustered men in business suits, I have scored the table near the outlet. Maybe next time boys.
And finally, the conditions present a perfect runway for you to try out a new outfit. Stand tall, stand fierce, and mix your prints, test a new silhouette or heel. No one will judge, except the Barista who will probably compliment you on your killer ensemble!
Today’s Look: Dressed in a modest, little black dress (H&M.com) and hazelnut gladiators (Payless). Simple accessories: coffee brown strap, gold rose over-sized watch and that now more affordable priced Frappuccino. Perfect.
Shop the look below: