Summer Internship To Do List:
1. Find the perfect shoes that don’t click and clack down the building’s corridors. Oh heels, you darling, little shoes, indoor voices please.
2. Seek out the chill-saving blazer. Battling the extreme temperatures at your cubicle outside AND inside? Frigid air conditioning can keep you frosty all day. A casual summer blazer will look professional and keep you from getting the goosebumps during your afternoon meeting.
3. Buy notebook. It’s always good to have paper and pen at your fingertips, whether it is direction from your boss or great tips to jot down to remember later.
4. Create a healthy snack stash. At desk jobs, I find that I have a tendency to want to snack, everything, at all times during the day. This phenomon only makes the vending machine within 100 feet of me look only too appetizing. The best way to combat your cravings? Be prepared and bring a stash of “treats” for your snacking pleasure. Raisins, an apple, goldfish, wheat thins, carrots, hummus, and almonds will do the trick!
5. Rest my eyes. Dry eyes, contacts, and a computer screens don’t work too well together. I have turned to seeking a hip and inexpensive alternative. Most recently I have ordered a home-try from Warby Parker. I am looking forward to checking out these on-trend frames!
And, most importantly, always work hard, with integrity, passion, and poise. You’ll do great. Good luck!