What’s my secret weapon to beat the winter chill? Layers. Layers are the Fashionsta’s (and Fashionisto’s) essential key to unlock not only a wardrobe brimming with cool-weather options, but to keep toasty, tastefully.
1. Cap it. Add a knitted slouchy or fitted winter hat to any outfit for a cute way to keep warm. Plus, it’s a perfect way to hide a not so good hair day when you are on the run. Looking for a cute topper? Try this or this!
2. Sock it to me. My toes are ALWAYS cold. Always. Thus, I am always switching out my socks or looking at better lined, warm socks. Facing the same problem? Not to worry…believe it or not, socks are back this season. (Yes, there are fashion trends for socks.) So, go wild! You can find a few of my favorites here and well, remember these?
3. InVested. One of the only items that can be used seamlessly from the fall, to the winter, to the spring, the vest provides warmth, and plenty of stylish ways to differentiate your look. Pictured above and below, I am rocking a new favorite faux fur vest of my own. Want to try the look? Start here and then, here.
4. Get the skinny. Perfect with oversized sweaters and tall boots, the skinny jean makes a major comeback for winter. Stock up.
5. Don’t sweat it. Think of your favorite sweatshirt. Good. Now throw that image away and start fresh. Introducing the NEW sweatshirt. Still warm and comfortable, but…not as casual. From graphics to leather, “stylish” sweatshirts have made a quick comeback in the fashion arena. I rock my own favorite below.
How do you stay warm, Fashionistas? Share below! Till then, layer up!