When you think of sporting a varsity jacket, your mind may travel back to the glory days of John Hugh’s The Breakfast Club and Emilio Estevez’s signature jacket. Maybe you think of your own wins in high school. Or lack thereof. (Major flashbacks to my tennis years. Steffi Graf? A girl could dream.) The real questions is how to bring back the past. How do you bring back the glory days in a fashionable and style-smart way? (Even if you have never played a sport a day in your life!)
I paired my varsity jacket from American Eagle Outfitters with a nautical, color-blocked navy and red dress from Zara. My takeaway? It doesn’t have to be complicated. Scroll down below for a few tips and tricks!
How To Wear A Varsity Jacket
- Pair it with a pencil skirt or a pair of shorts (shorts over tights? Yes! Give it a go.)
- Your favorite pair of jeans – easy!
- Pair it with an A-line dress. The flounce will be a great contrast to the masculine shape of the jacket.
- Dare to bare with no tee – just a sports bra, leggings, and sneakers.
- Accessorize: I’m talking beanies, sneakers, or a backpack. Keep it sporty.
- Or don’t! Mix it up with a bit of glam – perhaps a pair of big earrings or a flirty leather skirt.